11 May 2011

Antenna upgrade!

As the original radio antenna did give very good reception, so I did a search and came across a marine antenna that was suppose to give better reception.

 Got the marine antenna along with a extension.

This is the antenna installed.  There was a hole drilled previously for Melvin's DAB antenna so it saved the trouble of me having to drill a hole.













I assess through the back, removing the rubber seal and pulling down the roof lining a litter.

 The wires were ran down the side of the roof down to the A-Pillars

You get the idea how it was routed ;)












The result was that the reception was significantly better, I was able to pick up channels that I wasn't able to previously!  The antenna and extension cost me about SGD$75 due to international shipping cost, a worthwhile investment if u spend most of your time on the road or get stuck in traffic jams often ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment