30 January 2022

Civic EG Hard Start Part 4

 Continuing from the previous episode of my engine being flooded. It is confirmed that the 240cc injectors I borrowed were leaking causing the flood. 

However, the engine was still hard to start after I swap out the injectors. I being to noticed that almost everything I clean out the spark plugs or swap in new ones, it would start quite easily until the 3rd or 4th attempt (after driving around). Somehow my plugs are getting fouled, but the AFR reading were good at 14.7.

It turns out that the leaks from the 240cc injectors were so bad that my engine oil level increased! I immediately changed out the engine oil which measured almost another extra 500ml of oil.. Thus the fouling of the plugs. 

So after changing out the 240cc injectors, changing the engine oil and cleaning the spark plug. I can start the engine easily and reliably only if I open the throttle to 10% (Based on the Hondata S300 read out). My conclusion is that either the IACV (not new) is unable to open fully during cranking or I have to do the IACV learning procedures. 

I have tried reducing the cranking fuel in Hondata S300 from -10% to -30%, but it is not as reliable as keeping at 0% change and 10% throttle. Thus I have ruled out having "too much fuel" during cranking. As long as u update the injector size in Hondata S300, it will adjust the cranking fuel accordingly, thus it should be so much of a difference.

Will update once I try out the procedure while waiting for my new IACV to arrive from Japan.


Anyway, it is a win to me since I can start the car reliably now, instead of carrying a spark plug remover and blow torch in my car all the time..

Once I managed to totally solve the issue, I will summaries the whole event and hopefully it will help someone else encounter the same issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment